Oh again my sofa, it seems like never ending story. I wanted to buy a new sofa set but if i think about it, the sofa is still in a good condition the only problem is the cushions it is so thin, when you sit you can feel your bump touching the wood. My sofa looks so terrible and uncomfortable. But i don’t know when i want to go to a cushion shop to get a new one or get this one repair. So today while on our way back from my parents house, we stop at Chan Furniture just to check new furniture, the latest style and survey the price. Well not much choice and the price don’t really match the quality.
What really attract customers is the colors of the sofa and cushion, maybe i will search for a log furniture instead, it have a country’s style, just add colorful cushion covers, i am sure it will look trendy.
I know i need to make up my mind, but before i decide, i need to survey and compare. Also need a time frame to do this, or else i will posting the same story next time.
When you START reading this, you will not STOP until the END of the story because you want to know what your LEARNING STYLE are.
Have you ever wonder why when you read a book, you can’t seem to get it in your head and you try to read it all over again? but did you notice that if you read aloud, you will remember better? I am one of them, who like doing that, sound weird but that is my style.
Some of you prefer writing down things you want to remember, you will remember them better that way and you prefer looking at the person talking or giving instruction to you, that will help you focus.
And others learn or memories best using flashcards or notes, you need to feel and touch to remember information or details.
Which one of the above is related to you? You not sure? Well, i will make your life easier and this is not only for you but also you children.
You can help do this quiz on behalf of your children because you know your children best then you can find out what is your child’s learning strategies. Don’t try hard doing how other people learn, their style of learning are different from yours.
You need to know whether you or your child’s is Visual, Auditory or Kinesthetic . Try this quiz just CLICK HERE. If you want to know more about this topic, please do not hesitate to drop any questions in my email and no spam please.
You will find it is easier to make your child learn from now on. If you read my post about my son, how active he was and still is, he is in the Visual and Kinesthetic’s categories, so i use both method to teach him. He like online activity to learn because he memories better with what he sees, so i need laptop most of the time. When doing homework, I give him break time 3-5 minutes during the the learning and most of all for my son, i give praises to encourage. Not to much, as simple as ‘you see you can do it!‘, or ‘i knew you can spell that’!
We are not STUPID, we just need to find out our learning style and you will be amazed on how SMART you really are!
We are all humans and have flaws. Even if your physical appearance, unique personality, or social skills aren’t what you wish they were, that doesn’t have to stop you from being confident. Confidence translated literally from Latin means ” to have faith in oneself”. you are beautiful inside and out so you should love yourself unconditionally. Here’s how to believe in yourself :
- Think for yourself. Very confident people know what they are doing is right, usually because they created an original thought rather than attempting to reproduce from an external source.
- Make a list of special talents you have, or things you do that are good. focusing on your attributes helps distract you from those parts of yourself that you think are flawed. It doesn’t have to be a specific skill or activity either; it can be an approach or an attitude that you champion through life. Do you always stay calm, cool and collected, even in hurried situations? Are you very patient with people? Do you always see the humorous side of things? Are you always there for your friends?
- Find your passion. Whether it’s baton twirling, martial arts, classic cars, musicianship, or basket weaving, you will feel confident pursuing that endeavor by recognising what you enjoy doing the most. More importantly, you’ll be enjoying your progress.
- Choose a role model, whether someone close to you, or someone famous. Think of the qualities that the role model displays, whether physical, emotional, moral, and spiritual.
- Focus on others. Try not to focus negatively on how you come across or how others may perceive you . Instead, focus more on the outside world rather than just your internal world, and that will build your confidence as other people start enjoying your company.
- Accept compliments gracefully. Don’t roll your eyes and say, “yeah, right,” or shrug it off. Take it to heart and respond positively (“Thank you” and a smile works well). Know that you have important things to say and do. When you feel strongly about something, speak loudly and clearly and make eye contact with people. Be yourself.
- Take care of yourself. Eat a healthy diet. Don’t abuse your body, don’t overload it, and don’t deny it any of the things it needs. Take the time to reflect on your life and do some emotional maintenance. In order to be truly confident, you absolutely must value yourself and understand that your well-being is important.
- Work out. This is a real fast change. The gym can transform even the last geek. It will help you be who you are, and not be afraid of it. that’s the real confidence. Getting enough exercise can boost your confidence amazingly. Not only will it give you more energy throughout the day, but being in good physical shape will make you feel more “worthy” you could say, to talk to others and to be yourself.
- Stick up for yourself. If people put you down (and not in a good-natured, joking way,) then let them know that their opinion of you is not held by everyone – most of all yourself. This may, at first, be hard to do. But once you stick up for yourself a few times, your confidence builds and you get more adept at it.
- Celebrate your individuality. If you know you’ve got something special or different, then embrace it; don’t hide it. that’s diversity. you may wish that you were taller, or shorter, skinner, stronger, whatever the case may be. But you need to realise that, if you were like everyone else, then you wouldn’t be who you are. “What am I?” you ask; the answer’s easy : you’re a unique individual who is capable of growing and learning.
- Take action. It is surprising how powerful the simple step of taking an action can be. and the action you take need not be something extravagant or grand. It could be something as simple as tackling a task that you have been procrastinating, such as writing a letter or tidying up that corner of the garage that has been out of control for the last several months. It could also be something as interesting as taking a class in yoga, art, interior design, anything that interest you that you haven’t done yet. Whether large or small, action brings with it exhilaration, enthusiasm, and the confidence that other things can be done as well.
- Make eye contact with others, especially when engaging in conversation. Gaze into the other person’s eyes as you talk to make yourself seem interested, calm, and confident. Avoiding eye contact makes you appear shy and submissive, while directly staring for too long may make you appear angry and scared.
- Smile often. A smile makes you appear warm, honest, friendly, and confident. You can also just relax your facial muscles entirely, which will make you appear calm and relaxed.
Sharing with you article from NST, dated August 11, 2010.