The Door Without Knob

This happened long time ago when i still don’t have my maid. I came back one day, feeling tired with two kids to handle, as usual, once i reached home, my first destination will be in the kitchen. I always left my kitchen door closed because i don’t want my living room fill with smell from neighbour’s kitchen. Still wearing my working dress, i get some things to cook from the refrigerator and rushed to the kitchen but ..oh my.. the door was lock..oh dear!

I tried all the spare keys we kept but not even one of it fit.. oh ya..i even try card and pushed it hard.. the old trick but still… cant open the kitchen door. At that time, my daughter wanted her bottle milk… ‘mummy i want my nenen’.. she have the bottle outside but the powder milk was in the kitchen… lucky she just keep quite when i gave her water. Can’t really do anything, can’t let my children starved .. i fed them biscuits and bread.. and at 7.30 we fetch my hubby in KK.. and took our dinner.

So.. since we cant really find the spare keys.. my hubby decided to…. taaraaa!!!

Broke it….make a hole…. I can see my kitchen faucets from the hole… for your info, we have replaced our door knob.. lucky my hubby can do almost everything..without spending money on Handy Manny!

8 Responses to “The Door Without Knob”

1. chegu carol says:

hehe..rumah parents sia pun ada dua doors teda knob. Gara2 pasal tertinggal the keys inside, terus kena kasi rosak. Until now, masi blm kena fix. Somehow, my parents think that the same thing will happen again in the future so they let the doors remain ‘knobless’. Nasib the doors are just pintu yg di dalam rumah….bukan di luar. Kalau tidak, gerenti lama sdh kena rompak tu rumah. 🙂

2. Phil says:

Wah! mcm drama pula kan..”Locked in ur own House”

Nasib baik ko ada James Bond di rumah hehehe

Iya bah Phil.. funny pula kan… memang ada handy manny d rumah… selamat $$$..

wah chegu carol,..iya bah lucky inside the house kan..kalu luar rumah..sure lama oledy kena rompak oh..touch wood!

Oh no ..it happened to my mil and the kids past few years back lah ..tht time my mil want to jemur baju outside our balcony then my two little girls were so excited followed her and punyalah cepat lock the door from inside the house ..oh no ..the three of them were outside but lucky before that my mil put a spare key on top near the door ..i just can’t imagine how the situation if she didn’t put the spare key there ..me and hubby were at work..

6. carolyn says:

luckily got ‘handy mandy’ at home. Cross fingers hope i will not face the same situation, as lil Isaac is now beginning to play hide n seek at home.

Cay,
    i remember you told me about that incident.. lucky juga ada spare key kan… adui if not..menunggu lah until you came back from work kan.

carol,
    ‘touch wood’ lah kan.. but in case things happen.. for emergency just call my ‘handy mandy’.. dekat ja kita tu.